> On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Deryk Barker mewed:
> > Thus spake Brian T. Schellenberger ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> >

> > > AmigaDOS was the perfect operating system, but Unix/Linux is a close
> > > second . . .
> >
> > Sorry folks, but Multics was the perfect OS. All others are
> > imitations.

>From recent readings, some are saying that HURD is currently the best, or best
basis for the future best.

As for AmigaDOS, I'm not sure.  Never worked with it, but have worked with MS and
PC DOS, and definitely prefer Mac.

Can't really comment otherwise, because I don't have enough knowledge of these
other systems.  VAX/VMS was considered very good, though.

However, this is a Linux mailing list for getting assistance with Linux, in
particular Mandrake's distribution.

mike