On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, John Aldrich wrote:
-On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, you wrote:
-> Dude, get a grip. Everyone is a novice at some point in time. If you would
-> get off your high horse for a second and realize, maybe these 'novices' are
-> coming to the expert board for expert advice. Learn to live with it. Don't
-> be a whiny topic nazi. Otherwise this board may just not be for you.
->
-I'm not whining, I'm just wondering why a "NOVICE" (unlike
-the original querant) would undertake such a difficult task
-of setting up a server? Further, MOST servers that *I* have
-seen (and I"ve seen more than a few in my job here at the
-ISP where I work) don't try to run X

Very good advice about X and servers.  When I set up a Linux Server I
never activate X  I find the combination of openssh and file runner
adequate for almost everything I need to do to maintain a server.

--
Stephen Carville
Linux -- The Assault Weapon of the Internet