It's not that NAV (Bloodhound is a component of NAV) can't understand the boot
sector. It's that NAV is seeing that the boot sector has changed, and is
telling the user. Changing the boot sector is EXACTLY what many viruses do, so
this is EXACTLY what you want NAV to do, in most cases. You can turn this
functionality off.

The reason McAfee doesn't do the same thing is that it doesn't scan the boot
sector like NAV. In other words, it doesn't do as good a job.

Russ