Jean-Louis Debert wrote:

> root wrote:
> > After a lot of download and adjusting work I finished a homebrew
> > Mandrake-iso, which I burned on CD.  But it only contains the default
> > configuration files...
> > Is there a possibility to include my adjusted configuration files (i.e.
> > isdn-files, crontab...) in the installation files on the CD?
> > Ok, I could backup /etc on a disk and then overwrite the install
> > settings, but hopefully there is another, more elegant way...
> > Any sort of help appreciated!
>
> To manage this:
> 1. mount your CD normally, as a normal iso9660 fs.
> Note. now it's too late, but you _could_ have done it _before_
> burning anything, by mounting your cd _image_ with the "loopback"
> option. This may be useful later on.
>
> 2. in your CD burning program set the input to both the tree
> in your current CD, and the new files you want to integrate.
>
> 3. generate a new image. You _don't_ have to burn it yet,
> (if you have enough work disk space) you can check it
> by mounting it with "loopback".
>
> 4. when you are satisfied, you can burn it.
>
> --
> Jean-Louis Debert        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 74 Annemasse  France
> old Linux fan

Dear Mail-list!

Maybe you didn't get my point...
I meant to include my adjusted configuration files in a way
that they are installed intead of the default ones.
For example, there is the file /etc/smb.conf. It contains
only the default values and I would like to have my
smb.conf with my adjusted values placed in the /etc
directory during install. Then I wouldn't have to adjust them
after the installation...
So to speak: Is it possible to have my adjusted config files
(i.e. my current /etc-directory) installed instead of the
ones Mandrake included?
I know it's a difficult task...
Thanks in advance.

David.