This has taken me a little while to get back to.  Unfortunately, I am
the only person in the company with a Linux desktop, and the "Love Bug"
struck...

Bill Shirley wrote:

> You know, it's amazing how little information you've given us.
>
> Although, I'm no DNS guru I have configured my DNS server and, I far as I
> can tell, it works correctly.  If you need help, for starters, post your:
>
> /etc/HOSTNAME
> /etc/resov.conf
> /etc/named.conf
> /var/named/localhost       (or whatever it's called)
> /var/named/127             (or whatever it's called)
>
> Bill

I provided as little information as I did in the hope that someone would
recognize my problem and be able to help me, without me swamping the
list with lots of data.  The files are:

/etc/HOSTNAME

ls2.oerl.au

/etc/resov.conf

search oerl.au
nameserver 10.132.112.245

/etc/named.conf

options {
        directory "/etc";
        forwarders{
                10.132.64.29;
                10.129.62.21;
                10.25.64.21;
        };
        pid-file "/var/run/named.pid";
};
zone "112.132.10.in_addr.arpa"{
        type master;
        file "/etc/oerl.au.rev";
        notify no;
};
zone "oerl.au"{
        type master;
        file "/etc/oerl.au.hosts";
};
zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa"{
        type master;
        file "/etc/named.local";
};

/etc/oerl.au.hosts

@               IN      SOA     ls2.oerl.au.    hostmaster.oerl.au. (
                        2000050401 ; serial
                        28800 ; refresh
                        7200 ; retry
                        604800 ; expire
                        86400 ; default_ttl
                        )
;
@               IN      NS      ls2
@               IN      NS      ls2.oerl.au.
;
; Adresses for the canonical names
;
localhost               IN      A       127.0.0.1
sun1            IN      A       10.132.112.21
sun2            IN      A       10.132.112.22