OK 7.0

I have seen no problems here except I do remember someone's complaining about the
shutdown trying to shutdown his computer and instead producing some interesting races
of characters across his screen.  I suggested he edit a file which was a symlink to
another file and he did and the system kept reading the backup version of the
symlinked script until he deleted it.

SO

next step is to check for any files in any of the subdirectories of /etc/rc.d that
have a tilde (~) on the end.  If there is one, something has been done with a script.

After that, you might clue us in on what sort of filesystem you are
running--processes and scripts take different paths for RAID for example.

Civileme

--
BETA-testing Netscape 6
and its mailer