>If I understood the discussion yesterday qmail can't be ported to Linux
>because of the language. The developer of said app flatly refuses to
>allow qmail to be adapted/adopted/ported or changed inre binary code.

No, qmail runs fine on Linux. That's what we use on all of our servers,
mostly Mandrake, but some RedHat, too. The original qmail license,
however, specifically disallowed redistribution as a binary. Therefore,
it wasn't possible to grab an RPM and install it, you had to get the
source and compile it. There was a lot of flak about that position, but
I don't know if the license was ever changed or not.