George Jones wrote:

> Ok, here's the scenario. I'm trying to setup a Linux box here at work.
> What I'm trying to figure out is what I need to do to log into our network
> (WinNT Enterprise). Any thoughts?

You cannot "login" like the WinX machines do.  To add the Linux computer to
 the domain, you'll need to configure Samba.  If you have it running, stop
it.
 /etc/rc.d/init.d/smb stop
 Add your Linux box NETBIOS name to the domain.
 At the NT Server.
 Start->Programs->Administrative Tools->Server Manager
 Computer -> Add to Domain
 Configure Samba, I'd recommend SWAT or Webmin.
 Join Domain.
 At the shell type
 smbpasswd -j DOMAINNAME
 I cannot remember it the above it the exact syntax.  Check the doc /usr/doc
 the information is located there.
 Restart Samba
 /etc/rc.d/init.d/smb start
 Goto Freshmeat or Linuxberg to find software to browse ala "Network
 Neighborhood"
 If you have problems with nmb starting remove the WINS configuration from
 Samba.
 Good luck,

Cecil