John Kim wrote:

>This module doesn't work with kernel 2.2.15 or
>2.2.16.  2.2.14 kernels
>seems to be the latest that can use the module.

Yeah, 2.2.14 works fine.

>I'm not sure what's
>changed, but I do know that it causes a kernel
>OOPS when trying to load
>pppd and will often make the system highly
>unstable.

It does indeed - crashed me 3 times this morning
(bit of a new experience - thought I was using
Windows again ;-) That Reiser FS is pretty
amazing though - never seen the system boot up
after a crash so fast. Of course, now my problem
is - Reiser isn't supported in 2.2.14 is it? So
time to reformat...

>When I do find the
>solution, I will post it here.  Anybody else who
>figure this out, please
>let me know.

I doubt it'll help, but I did notice that it
seems to be behaving the same way the original
linux565a.zip (or whatever it was called) did
when I was using kernel 2.2.12.

>But if you want to get this working now, just
>use kernel 2.2.14.

Will do. Thanks.