victor gvirtsman wrote:
> I installed Mandrake 7.1 and now i have problem with midnight commander-
> When listing it is not case sensitive even when marked case sensitive in
> sort options

I confirm, and also it does not put directories on top as it did
in previous versions ... Maybe that's a configurable option but
I did not find it ...

> when looking at rpm file it does not show full content instead you see
> file  CONTENTS.cpio

By the way, I have another problem which has bugged me for a long
time,
but I don't know whether it is mc or the file system (I tend to think
both are involved):
1. for "going into" an .rpm (or a .tar.gz file for that matter) mc
requires that the file NOT be executable (no "x" attribute) otherwise
it will try to execute it when you press Enter.
2. I have CD-ROMs of downloaded files which I make at my work place
where I have a much faster Internet connection. But since I make them
at work, I have to burn them using Windows tools. The CDs are
formatted ISO with Microsoft's Joliet extensions (to conserve any
long names). Well, Joliet is supposed to be supported in Linux,
but ALL files get some (incorrect) permissions and have "x" attributes
set, EVEN when I mount the fs with "noexec". This prevents me
from browsing the .rpm's on the CD.

Any ideas ?

--
Jean-Louis Debert        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
74 Annemasse  France