Werner,
     There could be a couple of reasons that you can't connect and they
aren't your fault.  Since you can connect to the one site that indicates
that your set up correctly (however this could be a bad assumption on my
part I really doubt if it is.)
  1.  Rush's site is so slow or overloaded at the time you are trying to
connect that it's just taking forever for RPlayer to get the data it needs
and it's timing out or freezing.
  2.  The webmaster at rushes site made a typo on the page and as a result
it can't connect correctly.
  3.  Since realplayer for linux is in a state of perpetual beta testing it
could be unable to connect due to some weird Windoze only feature the
webmaster has enacted.
  4.  The people at Real.com are liberals and they have added software to
block Rush. :)

Hope this helps.

James