On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, you wrote:
> Traci,
>
> I tried playing with settings after your suggestion ... no dice..........ugggh how
> frustrating... obviously this is not critical to my system running but would like
> to know what is causing it...
>
> Has anyone else been eable to run real player with realtime streams... Could
> someone try to connect to rush limbaugh real time who is running Mandrake 7.1 ...
> Could someone even at Mandrake try this... I have a bunch of things Ilike to tune
> into on occasion... some work, some dont...

Well, I'll have to admit, I don't think NPR is doing "live"
streaming, but they are doing streaming audio. On the other hand, a
local radio station is doing streaming audio. Check out their
streaming site at http://www.broadcast.com/radio/talk/WGOW/

I just checked and was able to hear them just fine. Now, I'm using
RedHat 6.2, but it should be pretty much the same....
        John