OK  here it is.

FIC AZ11 with KT133 Chipset  (ATA-66 capable)
IBM ATA/100 15GB 7200 rpm drive
ATA/100 Certified Cable
Creative DVD-RAM on Advansys SCSI-2 Card
NEC PD Drive as /dev/hdd
Voodoo3 2000 Generic AGP 2x
128M SDRAM PC133 Certified running at 104MHz
FSB with dual memory port capability running at 208MHz
Duron 600MHz Processor running at 624MHz
SB PCI 64 (On-board sound disabled)
RTL8139 10/100TX Network card.

Install of Nigh on everything in 28 minutes off the 6X PD drive

/dev/cdrom linked to hdd
/dev/cdrom1 linked to scd0
/dev/cdrom2 linked to /dev/scd0
/dev/cdrom and /dev/cdrom2 supermounted  /dev/cdrom1 seen by
xcdroast.

I am going to have to work on configuring /dev/hdd for the PD
drive--another symlink most likely, and some careful work to make
sure it sees the PD media, but that is a project for later.

YES it saw CDs, and DVDs and did not see, could not mount a blank
DVD-RAM.  Looks like the current backup proggie will work with
modification of size for the dvd-ram.  (My new primary backup<g>
will eventually work, and when it does, I will walk to the beach
and determine how long my tape drive can float in the Chukchi
Sea.)

The Voodoo3 installation was bitterly disappointing.  I was all
prepared for a struggle and ... Smooth as glass.  Hmph!  Leave it
to Mandrake to take the fun out of the install.  No challenge.
In fact, NOTHING was a challenge.  I was just a spectator.  A
trained monkey could have typed in the network configuration,
which is about all I did.

This is by far the most complex system I have installed and it
went the smoothest of all.

Anyone care to jump in on PD drives?  I used to handle them in
RH5.2 (Panasonic CF-62 laptop).  I think that was a SCSI, so I
will try ide-scsi next.

Good job, Mandrakesoft, maybe even a little too good.

BTW the Duron 600 cost me $82 and the board $142 --  It is
running perceptibly faster than a Xeon III 700.  That 2x FSB
makes a big difference in performance.  NO trouble with UDMA66
(yes I chose HDD opts and I am showing upwards of 41 MB/s on the
r/w to and from the drive with hdparm).

I really really expected a lot more hassle.

Civileme