-----Original Message-----
From: Mike & Tracy Holt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Saturday, July 08, 2000 9:28 PM
Subject: Re: [expert] FIC AZ11 Duron 600

>> The Voodoo3 installation was bitterly disappointing.  I was
all
>> prepared for a struggle and ... Smooth as glass.  Hmph!
Leave it
>> to Mandrake to take the fun out of the install.  No
challenge.

>How's your 3d acceleration?  I've been struggling to get
quake 3 running
>correctly with the Matrox G400 card, thinking of changing to
Voodoo so I can
>play this game.  I've even been trying to get the new DRI
running with XFree
>4.01 but I'm just not that Linux savvy yet and this is just
making me very
>depressed  : (
>
>Thanks, Mike

I am using XFree 4.0, but have not added the stuff (if needed)
from 3Dfx.  As for quake, I'll consider playing  when the back
door is removed.  So far, the video is perfect, but I haven't
tried a lot of rendering yet.

And I am stuck with a PLANAR with a bum built-in RTL8019 so I
am having to use my least favorite tools--Windows and
Outlook--to communicate til my PCI Hardware modem arrives.
This stupid box doesn't have enough memory to run linux
decently, except as a headless gateway, and linux is
compalining about interrupts from the on-board ethernet...
Urkk!

First time I have touched windows in a year--it's Sooooo
lifeless and powerless!  I cannot remember seeing it this
way...

Civileme

Civileme