How can I get Webadmin running? When I tried to use it would not respond.

Thanks,

Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Civileme [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2000 5:30 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] how to make php functional on mdk71?

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, you wrote:

> Civileme,
>
> really is so good webmin?
> You have written a lot of good things about it. I use it, and really it
> helps you a lot. But can you do EVERITHING with it?
>
> Leo

Computers are like cameras.  The best professionals know they haven't gotten

all they could achieve with the simplest equipment.

Webmin is very good.  I use it every day, and it is extensible.  I would
have
preferred to see it written in Python, but it is rather easily extensible in

perl (wishing I was handier with perl).

But its real use comes in with something like this list.  When you have no
idea what the person on the receiving end of your advice is really capable
of
doing, webmin is a good tool to recommend for investigation of things.
Almost anyone can follow the webmin orchestrated procedures to discover what

might be wrong or needed.

I probably should recommend it more than I do.  But, when not configured
properly, it is as much a problem as BackOrifice is to windoiws (Webmin's
power in the hands of a BlackHat would make one shudder), so I tend to be
careful.

Civileme