On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 07:34:11AM -0800, Civileme wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> > How can I get Webadmin running? When I tried to use it would not respond.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jon
> >
> By default, webmin is not running in most types of installations.
>
> You might try
>
> DrakConf->Startup Services->and make sure webmin is a)listed and b)checked.
>

> If it was not checked, then check it and (shudder) reboot.  If it was not

Reboot? You're kidding :]  Simply run 'chkconfig --add webmin' followed by
'/etc/rc.d/init.d/webmin start'.  No need for Mandrake tools or even
rebooting!  Almost forgot:  Both have to be done as root, of course.

> password root pw), select webmin configuration,  select IP Access Control,
> tick "Only Allow from listed addresses", and enter 127.0.0.1, then save.  You

Ah, that's what you mean by configuring correctly.  But what's actually bad
by allowing anyone to connect to Webmin?  I mean, the attacker has to know
the root password to use webmin, no?  Do you think it is easier to break
into webmin than into a system through telnet?

Alexander Skwar
--
Homepage:       http://www.digitalprojects.com
Sichere Mail?   Mail an [EMAIL PROTECTED] fuer GnuPG Keys