I recently received notice that Netscape leased the Real Audio Download
daemon to track its site downloads. Counting downloads from your own web
site is one thing but, once loaded, this insideous program tags your
computer with a unique ID and does some other very sneaky things. EVERY
THING you download from the Internet is reported back to Netscape along
with your machine ID and Internet address.

I personally find Netscape and Real Audio are guilty of offensive acts
against all netizens who use the products. That said, My question is
simple: Can Linux -if secured properly- stop or otherwise abort such attemps?

Pj
[EMAIL PROTECTED]