I just installed 7.1 and put in supermount.  I Rebuilt my kernel to turn on
a couple features, and now supermount
won't mount floppies or my zip drive.  The strange thing is that it WILL
mount my CD-R.

What's up here?

I was first thinking that the problem might be in /etc/fstab.  Here it is:

$ cat /etc/fstab
/dev/hda6 / ext2 defaults 1 1
/dev/hda7 /boot ext2 defaults 1 2 none
/dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
/dev/hda9 /home reiserfs defaults 1 2
/mnt/cdrom      /mnt/cdrom      supermount
fs=iso9660,dev=/dev/cdrom,ro,nosuid,noauto,nodev,exec 0 0
/mnt/floppy     /mnt/floppy     supermount
fs=auto,dev=/dev/fd0,nosuid,noauto,nodev,exec 0 0
/mnt/zipdos     /mnt/zipdos     supermount
fs=vfat,dev=/dev/zipdos,nosuid,noauto,nodev,exec 0 0
/mnt/zip    /mnt/zip    supermount
fs=ext2,dev=/dev/hdc1,nosuid,noauto,nodev,exec 0 0 none
/proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/hda8 /usr ext2 defaults 1 2
/dev/hda5 swap swap defaults 0 0
$

Couldn't find any problems here.  So I tried checking how I loaded the
modules.  Here is a look at /etc/conf.modules

$ cat /etc/conf.modules
alias block-major-11 scsi_hostadapter
alias scsi_hostadapter ide-scsi
alias eth0 ne
options ne io=0x240 irq=11
alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
post-install supermount modprobe scsi_hostadapter ; modprobe ide-floppy
alias sound-slot-0 sb
options sound dmabuf=1
options opl3 io=0x388
alias midi awe_wave
post-install awe_wave /bin/sfxload /etc/midi/GU11-ROM.SF2
options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma16=5 mpu_io=0x330
$

As far as I can tell, this is also correct.  I've tried recompiling the
kernel with no success, and at this point I'm stuck.
Does anyone have an idea of what I could check next?