Hello,

yesterday I connected my two computers,
both running Mandrake 6.1,
in order to ftp some big files from one to the other.

Networking itself is OK: each machine can ping itself
and the other, both with hostname and IP address.

I also installed the telnet-server and BeroFTPD rpms.

I could not telnet nor ftp, however.
Both commands give me a "connection refused"
answer and abort.

This partly depends from me being sleepy ( I realize
while I write this that inetd was not running...:
how do you start it after boot, BTW? Could I have
missed something else?).

BeroFTPD, however, seems corrupted: the INSTALL doc
says to modify /etc/inetd.conf pointing the ftp service
to /usr/sbin/BEROFTPD, but there is no such file after
the RPM is installed, just in.ftpd.

Is that RPM corrupted? If so, where can I find it
compiled for Mandrake 6.1 (For several reasons I cannot
upgrade right now)?

                TIA,
                        Marco Fioretti