Deryk Barker wrote:

> Thus spake Mark Weaver ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
>
> > honestly I can't begin to imagine writting a program on punch
> > cards. seems to me that something like that would take literally
> > forever!
>
> Only if you had to punch the cards one hole at a time, by hand (as I
> did with the very first program I ever wrote, 1968 Fortan for an IBM
> 7090)
>
> --
> |Deryk Barker, Computer Science Dept. | Music does not have to be understood|
> |Camosun College, Victoria, BC, Canada| It has to be listened to.           |
> |email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]         |                                     |
> |phone: +1 250 370 4452               |         Hermann Scherchen.          |

Now that brings back memories...  First machine I ever worked on; had two
1401s driving I/O. One for card to tape (and back) and one for tape to print.
About 1969....  All tape, including boot except for one gigantic 3' (?) disk
drive.
That drive was huge, AFAIR 6+ feet high 4+ feet wide and about 8 feet long and
while I don't remember the capacity, I seem to remember it was a meg or less.

By the way, anyone need a CDC9600: 80M fixed, 16 removable, complete assembly?
Also have a set of 8inch 256K floppies from my old S100 bus system (long gone).

Best

Cokey

Cokey de Percin, DBA            Email:
Policy Management Systems Corp.  Work - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Columbia, South Carolina         Home - [EMAIL PROTECTED]