Dennis wrote:

> Change the mouse. :)
> Dennis.sg
>
> > On Tue, 01 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> > > Hello All:
> > > I am running LM 7.0 in dual boot on my laptop.  I have been using a
> > > serial mouse up until now with no problems.  I am wanting to switch to a
> > > ps2 mouse to free up my serial port to use with the Palm Pilot, but when
> > > I hook up the ps2, it doesn't register on the screen (i.e., the cursor
> > > doesn't move).  I have run mouseconfig and set it to my ps2 mouse, and I
> > > have alternately enabled and disabled ps2 mouse in my bios to see if
> > > this has any effect.  I know my ps2 port is working because I use a ps2
> > > splitter and have my keyboard hooked up through it.  And yes, I have
> > > tried the mouse without the splitter and it still doesn't work.  Any
> > > suggestions?
> > >
> > Try DrakConf. It may be that Mandrake has a preferred way to set up
> > the mouse, and DrakConf would likely be the way to get to it. If that
> > doesn't work, I dont' know what else to suggest.
> > John

Did that too, but no luck there.  I finally corrected the problem by
running an "upgrade install" off of the MD 7.0 CD, making sure that the
PS2 mouse was hooked up during it.  The install program seemed to
recognize it.  Anyway, it's working now, thanks.
--
Rob Benson
Mississippi Commission for Volunteer Service