Oops! I still have painful memories of when my silly tinkering achieved a
similar effect. :-)

You could use a rescue floppy disk to use as a root filesystem until you can
mount the offending partition and edit /etc/fstab. Maybe the rescue image in
the images directory on the Mandrake cdrom may do it. The only thing to watch
out for would be having reiserfs support built into the kernel on your boot
floppy.

If you dual boot I would have suggested editing /etc/fstab from Windows using
Explore2FS but I doubt that it works with reiserfs.

As a last resort there's always the option of making a backup of what you need
and reinstalling completely, taking small comfort in the knowledge that next
time you'll know what NOT to do. :-)

On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, Klar Brian D Contr MSG/SWS pushed some tiny letters in
this order: > I did something stupid to both fstab and mtab files.