> You've gotten Logcheck from Psionic, did you also get (and install)
> Portsentry?

I certainly did.

> If portsentry was tripped, and added the offending host to the route table
> and the IP to the /etc/hosts.dent file, no packets will be logged for that
> host anymore.

'Fraid not. No-one's got through the firewall to PortSentry. Nothing has
been added to either /etc/portsentry/portsentry.blocked.atcp or
/etc/portsentry/portsentry.blocked.audp so no-one's tripped it. Also I have
PortSentry configured so that it's using ipchains, not TCP wrappers, and the
ipchains rule it uses to block intruders includes the -l flag.

> Or, is it that DENY pakect logging stops altogether for ALL
> offenders after
> a while?

That's the sucker! A reboot cures it briefly, but you know how us Linux
peeps hate reboots ;-)

Thanks,

Tony