Thanks for wasting the two hours I had today to do some programming!

I was compiling just fine in 7.0 after figuring out how to install
everything I needed. now I do a clean install of 7.1 "developer" and
everything else is installed to compile C++ except the libsrcc++ or
whatever you call it.

Make can't find fstream.h a basic every day file it should have if you
install "developer" I would think.

So I go to your BUGGY drakRPM and click on the install for the RPM and
it asks for cdrom2. Like I know what that is. I put in the "sources" CD,
figuring that is #2 because there were only two CD's in 7.1 I got for
$30.

It spins the CD and sits there looking like a typical BUGGY windows
program, not telling me it didn't find "cdrom2" or maybe the file wasn't
there, who knows.

HOW ABOUT SOME USER FEEDBACK ONCE AND A WHILE? Did you guys forget how
to bring up a dialog box and print into it? No, instead let's let the
user guess what's happening.

Besides that, what lame program dissapears while it's "updating RPM
base" ? I have never seen anything like that before, makes you think it
crashed. Who is teaching these kids to program now days?

Then I do another lame thing, go into file manager root>mnt>cdrom so I
can see my cdrom (no mandrake couldn't have made little easy to find
links for them, too busy playing doom or something to spend 2 minutes
making things easier for the 1000's of users that will get your dist) -
then I find the file is on the main CD, but no it's not the file, it's
some other c++ goodie I have no clue what is for, so I don't think it's
here at all. WHY NOT? Is there a more $$ version with this ONE FILE in
it?

OK, so I go to the main site and do a search, try it, try to find it.
What the hell was it called? I don't remember, should have writen it
down. But geeks always write this stuff down, that's the point, we want
you to not have a life like we do, suffer like us, that's what Linux is
all about, "I wasted my life figuring this out, so I will now make
others do it too!" - is that the motto here?

So I decide to get smart ass, I am gonna get it from 7.0 and screw you
too! So I find it on 7.0, no thanks to the BROKEN search feature in
drakeRPM, looking for fstream.h, and the way you have to tell it to go
look on the cdrom, what type of user interface is that called?

I find it and try to use kpackage to install it. It does, but in
usr/include/c++-2/  that's the secret directory. So now it should make
just fine, RIGHT?

No, because make or gcc or whatever is configured to look in another
newer directory that mandrake made up FOR SOME REASON (HINT HINT???)
called c++-3 even though it's the same files. So like the smart ass I am
I make a directory called that and put the files in there.

AH HA! make finds the files and compiles, but wait! MORE ERRORS? on a
program that compiled just fine before? YES!! ios() has errors! it
didn't before, so now what???

Well my 2 hours are up, I wasted my life like you wanted. THANK YOU!

You guys owe me a new updated 7.1 CD set when you get your act together.
I am calling your customer service line and returning this crap back to
you. BAD JOB on this one!

Now I have to waste more time re-installing 7.0 so I can do a simple
make. WHAT A JOKE!

I gave you $30 instead of updating 7.0 because I thought I would
contribute to the effort, I was wrong.