----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Stewart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, August 20, 2000 12:29 PM
Subject: Re: [expert] AMD K7 Athelon vs. Intel PIII and Linux?

> Don't know of any links to check, but I do know that Gateway's
implemetation
> of the Athlon chip can be flaky--even under Windows98.
>
> --Greg

   Wheather you have an Athlon or a PIII  you will not see much differance
in performance unless you do a lot of gaming or running apps which make use
of SSE instructions.
  Any "problems or flackiness" that any OS has with either processor is
usually caused by the MOBO chip-set and not
 because the of brand you buy.

   Charles