On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Jean-Louis Debert wrote:

> The L1 cache _always_ runs at processor speed on any processor
> that I know of ... To do otherwise would defeat its purpose IMHO.
> But the K6-3 also has 256K of _L2_ cache (yep, level 2, the cache
> on the MB, if any, is level 3) running at full processor speed.

Yeap... and at end of life prices, the K6-III was an excellent buy. AMD
still offers OEM's K6-2+ (128K on-chip L2 cache) and K6-III+ (256K
on-chip L2 cache) cpu's for the mobile market. If they were available
retail, they would be great chips to extend the life of Socket 7
motherboards.

Bad AMD!

Cheers!,
--