I was going to buy the K63-450 in February. The tech told me AMD didn't
support the K3 because the tri-level cache was flaky and undependable IF I
was doing equations and other mathematical computations. Based on that and
the fact I don't know anything about a cache, I bought a K62-500 instead.
Considering the fact that I managed to totally mis-match the board and
chip, it has been a remarkably wonderful processor. Winflop is unstable;
Linux won't install - but the chip never fails. Now I'm looking at the ASUS
PA-B (baby AT)to replace the board I just installed in a new AT tower. I
can underclock the chip to 233 and run it on this board, but it would
defeat the purpose of having it. I could have kept my money and run my
MMX200. This has been a LARGE lesson.

Any suggestions?

Pj