On Sun, 20 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Aug 2000, Hoyt wrote:
>
> > Just examine the ram or take it with you when you go to buy more. You may be
> > able to "trade in" the old ram if you don't have enough free sockets. Buy as
> > much as you can afford - it only gets more scarce and more expensive.
>
> You're saying I should buy RAM in a *store*?
>
> I haven't bought computer components from stores since 1997....
> (Yay Internet!)
>
> Aren't there programs available to determine RAM type, via probing or
> something?

Just open the case and take a look. Sure it'll be slightly
more expensive to buy stuff in a store. Or, just swipe one
of the sticks of ram and (using something like a pencil so
as to limit the possibility of damage) count the individual
connectors. Also there should be some information on the
sticks of ram that tells whether it's EDO, Fast-Page or
what!
        John