Ellick Chan wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Aug 2000, Mark Weaver wrote:
>
> > 3) used 'kpackage' instead of the program you used because 'kpackage' is
> > what is used to INSTALL RPM's with.
> >
> I disagree, rpm is the right tool for the job. It's the one that works
> without X :)

that's correct. you would use rpm if you're installing the package from
a terminal window, or if you don't have X running. I've become lazy
though and don't always feel like writting out the entire package name.
Plus, it was my intention in the thread at the time to let him know that
the program he was attempting to use to install an rpm package at best
can really try one's patience.
--
Mark