On Sun, Aug 20, 2000 at 05:31:42PM -0400, Doug McGarrett wrote:
> At 08:58 08/20/2000 -0400, you wrote:
> /snip/
> >
> >But then again...I can't see or think straight when I'm REALLY frustrated
> >and upset either, although the last ones I'm going to yell at are the ones
> >that are giving me FREE tech support!
> >
> >--
> >Mark
> /snip/
> >On Sat, 19 Aug 2000, Mallard wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks for wasting the two hours I had today to do some programming!
> >>

> I, too, understand Mallard's frustration.  I don't think he was yelling
> at anyone on the list, except those who program for Mandrake.  He just
> wanted to let everyone else in on what he finds to be problems.  Of
> course, not everyone else may have these particular problems, which has
> made several contributors to this outstanding list flame him.  Flames
> of individuals don't help us, even his flames, altho I understand why.
> Let us try and keep a calmer outlook.  Probably he does not know (as I
> do not, BTW,) how to get a message directly to the people who need to
> hear it.  And know that it got there!  (And neither does he know that
> someone from the Mandrake command read his note anyway!  But it is
> probable that someone there has.)

I understand Mallard's frustration. What is not acceptable is his whining
and blaming. Also not acceptable is his arguing with people who offer him
something. He comes across as a snot-nosed brat who needs some maturity
more than he needs a working computer.

If Mallard will take exactly the same complaints and bundle them up
couteously and respectfully and in a helpful manner, and learn from the
response he gets, he will do much better and might even get his problem
solved.

> Peace, brothers and sisters.  In some places (not on Long Island) it has
> been a hot summer.

Amen, brother, on both counts. This is what it has been like in my
neightborhood lately:

http://www.katesbasin.com/

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley

PGP signature