Having used RedHat for a couple of years, and having recently (about half a
year ago) switched to Mandrake, I don't think you can expect much
problems running RH RPM's on your machine, or finding RH-specific text
books invalid in the Mandrake environment. I haven't experienced any
problems.

The main difference is that Mandrake supply some additional services,
such as the *drake programs partially replacing linuxconf/file
editing, postfix option instead of sendmail, grub option instead of
lilo, available security levels. (All this refers mostly to Mandrake
7.1, btw.)

So: read you Red Hat books, and poke around in the file system,
examine whatever interesting things you find there. Don't worry much
about breaking something with Red Hat operations.

That's my advice

Jesper

--
Jesper Holmberg            "But how can one be warm alone?"