Submitted 08-Sep-00 by Brent Hawkins:
> Also, despite selecting "automount", it still won't handle supermount.  Am
> I missing a step somewhere or is this kernel have those problems?

Where did you get your kernel sources?  Supermount is *not* part of the
"official" kernel available at kernel.org and its mirrors, but a patch.
Also, unless you have hacked your initscripts, building supermount into the
kernel (as opposed to building as a module) kills supermount at boot time.

I run a 2.2.17 pre kernel and haven't seen the config problems you describe.

--
Anton Graham                            GPG ID: 0x18F78541
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 RSA key available upon request

Asking a working writer what he thinks about critics is like asking a
lamp-post how it feels about dogs.
  -- Christopher Hampton