On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 09:47:16AM -0400, Charles A Edwards wrote:

> [...]

I could be snide and ask what you are doing using LookOut on a Linux list,
but I won't. :-) When I first got Linux, I dual booted between it and
Windows, and used Eudora for Linux lists. I got email running on the Linux
box quickly because of the limitations of Eudora and Outlook, and haven't
looked back since.

This is a known problem with LookOut. I use mutt, and I believe that it
encodes the signature and text as separate attachments pursuant to a
fairly recent RFC, which your version of Outlook may not have
incorporated.

I'll have to do some tweaking to get mutt to use the older style of
digital signature for this list; let's see what happens in the next few
days. Let me know when you can read my messages with the signature without
having to open attachments.

I appreciate your concern for attachments. Can you filter them by mime
type rather than delete all of them? Only executable (.exe, .com, .vbs,
etc) or data files which may contain executable code (MS Word documents,
e.g.) are dangerous to your system. Pure data files, like graphics or text
files, are not in the least dangerous, except possibly the risk that they
may waste disk space.

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley

PGP signature