On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, you wrote:

> Anyone out there using a HP Vectra with a SIS6205 Video?
>
> I installed 7.2 Beta and everything is fine except the video.  Sure Blinks pretty
> though...  X does not start but all the install scripts worked correctly at the
> correct resolution.
>
> How do I fix X?

I had a similar problem when upgrading from 7.0 to 7.1, and when installing
7.1 on a different box.

Try running the old  Xconfigurator  from a command line, that seemed to fix it
on both of the above installs. Neither was on the hardware that you mentioned
however.

  --
Alex
(Go easy on me, I'm a COBOL programmer in real life)