hi,

I just purchased and installed Mandrake 7.1 on a system with an ethernet pro
100 network card. I have a cable modem (@home.com), a hub and 1 other
(win98) computer. The strange thing is that i can ping and connect to-from
my win98 computer, but i can't access the outside world at all from the
linux box. I can't even ping the gateway, which i can do from my win98
computer. I've checked and double-checked my settings (both ip number and
default gateway) and for the life of me..i can't figure it out. I've
configured many systems before have never seen this. I thought it might have
something to do with the autonegotiation with the network card and the hub
or a bad cable...but you'd think if there was a problem, i wouldn't be able
to connect to my win98 machine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
-Andy