Now I'm using the following KDE RPMS from cooker; it works fine, though
KOffice seems a bit more crash-prone than it had been earlier:

[root@Renaissance grpmi]#  rpm -qa | grep kde
kdebase-devel-1.99-4mdk
kdemultimedia-1.99-1mdk
kdegraphics-1.99-1mdk
kdeaddutils-1.99-2mdk
kdesupport-1.99-1mdk
kdelibs-sound-1.99-1mdk
kdesdk-1.99-1mdk
kdeutils-1.99-1mdk
kdepim-1.99-1mdk
kdenetwork-1.99-1mdk
kdetoys-1.99-1mdk
kde1-compat-1.1.2-7mdk
kdeadmin-1.99-1mdk
kdegames-1.99-1mdk
kdelibs-1.99-1mdk
kdelibs-devel-1.99-1mdk
kdebase-1.99-4mdk

Best of luck.

-- Ashesh Laroia.

--
I love children.  Especially when they cry -- for then someone takes them away.
                -- Nancy Mitford