> Not sure I understand.  I can move the partition effortlessly using
> Partition Magic.  I just needed to know if this would mess up the path
> structure or something else that linux uses.
>
> Is that what cat is about?

No Jeff, you wouldn't use cat to move a partition.  It's useful for
streaming a text file and most often used in conjunction with some other
function.  Moving your partition shouldn't cause a problem me
thinks.  This presumes that you won't change the relation between /boot
and a partition device name.  If you've got /home on a separate partition
there's not much to lose by trying it is there?

Cheers --- Larry