Thus spake [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> In a message dated 29-Oct-00 15:49:22 Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> writes:
>

> > VMware is virtual machine. It is not same your real computer.  You must
> > configure this virtual machine how you want and install on it Win98 or any
> > other OS. You can start two or more VM with different OS together and they
> > will
> > work as real computers in local network.
> >

> somehow this just confused me even more how about you larry?

Think about this: when you install W98 it loads the drivers etc it
needs for you particularly hardware.

VMWare provides a virtual machine 'inside a box' that has a standard
set of virtual hardware (video, network, etc). Even if it could find
your existing W98 install, the chances of your install using the same
hardware that VMWare provides virutally are very small.

You need to install W98 inside VMWare. Use the configuration wizard to
configure a VM and then boot the VM with an installation medium
(e.g. CD) of W98 in the boot device.

I know it works, because I've done it.
--
|Deryk Barker, Computer Science Dept. | Music does not have to be understood|
|Camosun College, Victoria, BC, Canada| It has to be listened to.           |