hi,

There may be others more "expert" than me about this, but I have tried Reiserfs
on Mandrake 7.1. Anyway, as far as I know:

1) I don't know what "advanced file system" means, although Reiserfs is a good
guess.
2) ext3 is not ready for production use, but you can try it by patching and
rebuilding the kernel.
3) You can't convert a ext2 partition to reiserfs, what you do is back up all the
data on the partition and unmount it, then create a reiserfs file system (thus
blowing away the data) then update /etc/fstab to add the partition as reiserfs,
then copy all the data back.  Reiserfs is excellent if you have a large partition
with lots of small files, since its performance is on par with ext2 in reading
small files, and performs a little slower than ext2 when reading large files (but
with the added benefit of journaling).

John Craig