Hello everybody:

        I would like to compile a new kernel for the computer I use. Since I really
don´t know much about the configuration options the "make menuconfig" offers, I would
like to keep the configuration of the current kernel. How can I tell the "make
oldconfig" commnad where to look for the configuration parameters of the current
kernel? Is there a standard directory that file is usually placed?
        If it is the case that the new kernel has new configuration options, will the
"make oldconfig" commnad ask me automatically for the needed information?
        Thanks in advance.

        Fabián Peña.