i'm absolutely clueless.  linux simply likes to crash on me.  7.1 and
7.2 have both been doing it and i don't know why.  and the thing i love
about linux is the stability!

so, if anyone knows where such things are logged by the system, or if i
need to turn logging on, or what could possibly doing this, i'll love
you forever.  if need be i'll supply a list of my hardware, etc.  but
geez!

when it crashes, it DIES.  i have an MS intellimouse optical, the
5-button mouse with the 'purdy' red light, and when it dies, even the
light goes out.  the display still shows, but there is no response,
coma-style.

help, please.
michael j. rogers.