On Fri, 24 Nov 2000 15:33:23 Till Kamppeter wrote:

> First, start the CUPS-LPD mini daemon, so that CUPS emulates an LPD
> daemon on the same machine with the same LPD queue names as there CUPS
> queues are named. See on
>
>    http://www.mandrakeuser.org/hardware/hcups4.html#lpdcl
>
> how to set up the CUPS-LPD mini-daemon.
>
> Second, make sure that WordPerfect outputs PostScript, because CUPS
> translates the PostScript to the printer's native language. Do not use
> the printer-specific drivers of WordPerfect, choose something as
> "Generic PostScript Printer".
>
>    Till

Till,

I am using WP 8 the boxed set from a year or two ago. It had worked
flawlessly
but even with your very thorough instructions I have yet to get my HP 855c
working properly. The closest to "generic postscript" I could find was
"pass-through postscript printer" That worked for black/white greyscale.
However no color combos with or without postscript seemed to work for me.
I would be glad to burn a copy of this cd to you if it would help
debugging.?

Any more ideas?

Thanks :)

Excuse if another message was sent by mistake. Experimenting with
'balsa' and the buttons jumped out and wanted to click themselves :)

BTW : Anyone else getting two, three and four copies of the same
messages posted to this List ?
(If so could that procmail wizard of months ago tell us how to stop it)

William Bouterse
Talkeetna, Alaska