On Sun, 26 Nov 2000 21:32:03 William Bouterse wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Nov 2000 15:33:23 Till Kamppeter wrote:
>

> > First, start the CUPS-LPD mini daemon, so that CUPS emulates an LPD
> > daemon on the same machine with the same LPD queue names as there CUPS
> > queues are named. See on
> >
> >    http://www.mandrakeuser.org/hardware/hcups4.html#lpdcl
> >
> > how to set up the CUPS-LPD mini-daemon.
> >
> > Second, make sure that WordPerfect outputs PostScript, because CUPS
> > translates the PostScript to the printer's native language. Do not use
> > the printer-specific drivers of WordPerfect, choose something as
> > "Generic PostScript Printer".
>Till

> I am using WP 8 the boxed set from a year or two ago. It had worked
> flawlessly before even with your very thorough instructions
I> have yet to get my HP 855c  working properly.
>The closest to "generic postscript" I could find was
> "pass-through postscript printer" That worked for black/white greyscale.
> However no color combos with or without postscript seemed to work for me.
> I would be glad to burn a copy of this cd for you if it would help
> debugging.?

Till, I will gladly send you my original WP8 "Boxed Set" CD if thats what
it might take to have other WP 8 users have printing working for them ..
and for me!!! I still have had no luck even with your helpful directions on
mandrakeuser.org.!?

> Any more ideas?

Perhaps another WP? (But WP 8 works nicely for basic stuff and
The templates can be useful) !!!
Anyhow Ive tried most of them and can always revert but would like
to track down this mystery. It is probably something obvious
I am still missing !?

William Bouterse
Talkeetna Alaska