Scott Tyson wrote:

> I'm going to be getting a new MB soon.  Most likely an ASUS CUSL2.  My
> question is how will Mandrake respond to me swapping out my ASUS P2B
> for the new MB?  I know Windows wont have any issues since I've done it
> before but I've never done it with Linux.  Will I have to do a new
> install?

You shouldn't *have* to do a new install. When I upgraded my MB,
Mandrake didn't have much to say about it. I had a few issues with
moving from an ISA SB to on-board VIA sound, but that was really about
it. Kudzu (if you have it installed) did a fine job for me. On 7.1,
anyway. I suppose if there are a lot of hardware changes (i.e integrated
audio, video, nic, etc) you might want to do any install, but I doubt
that it would really be necessary.

HTH.

Wayne