Nathan Hand writes:
 > > Svante Signell writes:

 > > Thank you all for your replies.
 > > The gears problem is solved, but the slowness still remains, see
 > > below.
 > > setting FX_GLIDE_SWAPINTERVAL=0 make gears jump to 611 fps
 > >
 > > q3a demo001 is OK, both with libMesaVoodoGL (33.9 fps) from Q3A 1.11 and libGL from
 > > XFree86-4.0.1h (31.8 fps)
 > >
 > > But ut, heretic2, hg2, sof-demo all seem to render in SW (or at
 > > creeping speeds in HW). Especially starting the games is really
 > > slow. For sof-demo and hg2 no sound as user, but as root running X
 > > (not as root in X terminal). Can the problems be due to the sound card
 > > or the mouse?
 >
 > Possibly, but unlikely.
 >
 > More likely the ut, heretic2, hg2, sof binaries are finding the
 > wrong libGL.so. At least heretic2 you can use +set gl_driver to
 > tell it explicitly which libGL.so to use. Otherwise go into the
 > games directory for each game and symlink libMesa's and libGL's
 > to the /usr/lib/libGL.so (DRI version).
I have already linked the real /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.2 to libGl.so
for heretic. Today I also tried the +set gl_driver by editing the
config.cfg file. Same as before:
The game start up in windowed mode (not full screen, as edited in the
config file??). It refuses to go to full screen! Most noiceably, there
is a delay between the key pressing and sound when moving in the setup
menus. Last in this mail, please find the startup log of
heretic 2 and the config file.

 > There is nothing wrong with your setup now. The 611fps in gears
 > proves this. Your games not being accelerated means they've got
 > or found the wrong libGL.so.
I don't think so. Something else is wrong. Why is Q3 working
flawlessly (except for hacking sound)?

heretic_startup.log

heretic_config.cfg