Ironically, I brought the same CD drive at the same time, and used the
help you gave Bill to set it up [I hadn't had time to make sense of the
HOWTO earlier]. Thanks.

By the way, which device am I actually burning to? its an ATAPI
drive, and since I'm not experienced with SCSI [including ATAPIs
SCSI emulation], I'm not quite sure. Is it /dev/scd0?

Cdrecord 1.9 (i586-mandrake-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2000 Jörg Schilling
Linux sg driver version: 2.1.39
Using libscg version 'schily-0.1'
scsibus0:
        0,0,0     0) 'SONY    ' 'CD-RW  CRX140E  ' '1.0n' Removable CD-ROM

Is my drive.

Thanks in advance - its a good mailing list to be on...

Mike

Mike MacCana            Support Consultant
          C Y B E R S O U R C E
   Level 9, 140 Queen St Melbourne 3000
Ph : +61 3 9642 5997 Fax: +61 3 9642 5998