The reason should be obvious - telnet is insecure and is banned both internally
and externally at most corproates these days, and should likewise not be
installed on your home machine. SSH deprecates Telnet, is just as uniquitous,
and makes running graphical apps remotely much easier.

Mike

Sevatio Octavio wrote:

> For some reason, installing LM7.2 does not automatically install Telnetd.
>  So you have to get the rpm and install it yourself afterwards.
>
> Seve

Mike MacCana     Support Consultant
          C Y B E R S O U R C E
   Level 9, 140 Queen St Melbourne 3000
Ph : +61 3 9642 5997 Fax: +61 3 9642 5998