Asheesh Laroia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I need to setup an SSH tunnel that listens on a port, that redirects all
> data to 192.168.0.2:5901 (decrypted at this point).
>
> localhost is a Linux-Mandrake server with SSH installed.
>
> 192.168.0.2 is a Win98 machine.
>
> I have tried to configure SSH to forward the port, but to no avail.
>
> What command-line options do I use?
>
> Thanks in advance.

well, its not a command line.  You need to set up your ~/.ssh/config
(or perhaps ~/.ssh2/config), and add something like this:

host thatHost
        LocalForward <theport> anotherhost:<possibly_another_port>

for example, to forward nntp from localhost to news.inficad.com when
you are ssh'd from localhost to user?.inficad.com, you'd say:

host user?.inficad.com
       LocalForward 119 news.inficad.com:119

I believe this is covered in man ssh?  (brings up window, does
man ssh, scrolls down a bit - Oh, look, a command line option!
Whaddaya know - one always can learn something new by reading
the man page,eh?  ;-)

ssh -R port:host:hostport

I'll let you go read the man page for details...

rc

Rusty Carruth          Email:     [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Voice: (480) 345-3621  SnailMail: Schlumberger ATE
FAX:   (480) 345-8793             7855 S. River Parkway, Suite 116
Ham: N7IKQ @ 146.82+,pl 162.2     Tempe, AZ 85284-1825