hmm, i think it was either kedit or kwrite,
so you are saying don't enter c/rs? or do? how to insert a line -if desired-
between two others without doing so, assuming another answer than 'use
emacs'? and (being a newbie) i have to ask the exact meaning of 'terminated',
does that mean use a c/r (which would answer point 1!) :-)

whichever of the two editors i used, i believe that i edited the file exactly
as i have done before the most recent reinstallation

bascule