bascule <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hmm, i think it was either kedit or kwrite,
> so you are saying don't enter c/rs? or do?

see below ;-)]

> how to insert a line -if desired-
> between two others without doing so, assuming another answer than 'use
> emacs'? and (being a newbie) i have to ask the exact meaning of 'terminated',
> does that mean use a c/r (which would answer point 1!) :-)

'terminated' is, unfortunately, short for 'terminated by a c/r' - sorry
that was not clear.

> whichever of the two editors i used, i believe that i edited the file exactly
> as i have done before the most recent reinstallation

Ok, well, it was something of a long shot.  But it HAS bitten me, and
I thought perhaps I should get this info into the expert archive
for future reference...

Perhaps the other answers from the list here have been more to solving
the problem?

rc

aka [EMAIL PROTECTED]         http://www.inficad.com/~rustyc/

coming 'soon' (for long values of soon!):  http://descomp.com/